How To Lose Weight Fast Without Working Out
If you’re wondering how to lose weight fast without working out, then pay attention! First of all, I know many of you will find yourselves here indignant at the idea that I would encourage such an idea. Before you start throwing your proverbial stones, let me say that if you want long term weight loss with lasting, healthy, effects, you’re going to have to implement some kind of exercise routine into your life.
But, life happens, and there are some among us who are full-time parents with full-time jobs, and there’s that pesky high school reunion in a couple of weeks. CRAP! Well, my friends, this post is for you. Do not fret. It is entirely possible to lose weight fast without exercise.
It’s important to first realize that I’m not encouraging you to starve yourself. Starvation diets DO NOT WORK! Instead, you’ve got to remove and replace certain foods that are causing belly fat, bloating, and inflammation. Specifically, you need to avoid sugar and consume much larger quantities of fiber.
Foods To Avoid For A Flat Stomach
The biggest misconception in the dieting world is that fat causes fat – very misleading! In fact, I’ve seen mainstream Doctors so off the mark with this concept, I want to jump through the T.V. and scream at them! The number one culprit of unnecessary belly fat and weight gain, in general, is SUGAR.
It is clearly the public enemy number one when it comes to our food. And, I’m not talking about just Twinkies and Snickers bars. I’m talking about certain salad dressings, yogurts, “healthy” flavored oatmeal, granola bars, and other foods you’ve been lied to about. Yes, the companies who sell you “healthy” foods are, more often than not, lying to your face and THEY KNOW IT.
If you’re feeling a bit jaded and angry, good! You should write them, expose them through social media, and spread the word face to face. We’ll cover this stuff, the blatant immorality of many food manufacturers, another time. For now, just be aware of the sugar content. By the way, if you think I’m exaggerating, chew on this stat from Dave Zinczenko, author of NY Times Best Seller, The Zero Sugar Diet:
The USDA estimates the average American swallows roughly 32 teaspoons of added sugar every single day or 27 pounds of the stuff in a year.
Foods With Hidden High Sugar Content
- Yogurt – I’m talking about the flavored stuff. Have you seen the sugar content on some of these brands? They should stop calling it sugar and call it what it is – DESERT! I’ve seen brands with over 20 grams of the stuff. In fact, Stonyfield’s “organic”, “low fat” (sounds healthy, right?) has a whopping 29 grams of sugar. Folks, you might as well slam a coke.
- Granola Bars – Here’s a sneaky little trick. Fiber One lists 7 grams of sugar, HOWEVER, fooducate.com exposes them for using many different types of sugar to make the sugar seem lower that displayed in the list of ingredients. NO BUENO!
- Frozen Meals – A frozen lunch or dinner typically has between 30 and 40 grams of sugar. Far too much for one meal!
- Salad Dressing – On average, dressings have around 10 grams of sugar per serving. Here’s the thing, nobody adheres to the serving standard. Trust me, if you are like most people, you are putting 3 times the amount on your salad.
My friends, I could write all day but I think you get the point. If you want to know how to lose weight fast without working out, it starts with a sharp decrease in ADDED sugar. That gives most fruits a green light. Just start looking for sugar content on processed food packaging. If you can stay under 5 grams per item, great. If you can completely eliminate processed foods, even better. At least shoot for less than ten, and while you’re on this diet, Stay under 25 grams of ADDED sugar per day.
What To Eat To Lose Belly Fat In One Week
If sugar is the enemy of belly fat, they FIBER is its greatest ally. Studies have shown that diets high in fiber are far more effective than so called “healthy” low-fat diets. From WebMD:
A recent study found that people who added more of it to their diets – without changing anything else – lost almost as much weight as people who followed the heart-healthy, low-fat eating plan recommended by the American Heart Association. The study added to a growing body of evidence that people who eat more fiber tend to have a healthier body weight.
The best part is, by-enlarge, high fiber diets are much easier to stick to which is great considering fiber is the foundation of how to lose weight fast without working out. Have a look at some of the delicious high fiber foods listed below:
High Fiber Food Chart
High Fiber Low Sugar Diet Plan
Ok, the ground rules are set, you must consume far less sugar and far more fiber. Before we get into specifics, let me add another rule – DON’T STUFF YOUR FACE. Folks, at some point in time, we’ve to learn to exercise some restraint. A little discipline goes a long way and, without it, you’ll never realize how to lose weight fast without working out.
Portion Control and Weight Loss
I’ll share another post on this in great detail, but for now, follow this simple rule: Eat until you’re not hungry, not until you’re full. In fact, at no time while you’re trying to lose weight fast without working out should feel full. Small portions equal a small waist line.
How To Lose Weight Fast Without Working Out Plan:
Here’s a daily guideline on how to implement this plan:
Pea Protein Smoothy
- 1 Scoop of unflavored, low sugar pea protein
- 1 cup of organic berries (I get them fresh frozen from Costco)
- 2 table spoons of fresh ground golden flax seed
- 2 cups 2% milk or water
- Add a few bits of organic broccoli, kale, or peas.
- I’ll also add some cocoa powder which makes this smoothy taste like berries and chocolate.
Mid Morning Snack
- Apple, Pear, or Grapefruit
- 1 cup of brown rice or quinoa (sometimes both) with black beans, cilantro, and tomatoes tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette.
- Salad with avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, sprouts, with a very low sugar dressing
Mid Afternoon Snack
- Popcorn with sea salt and olive oil
- Chicken, Fish, or Steak salad with low sugar balsamic vinaigrette. Every other day, I’ll have a baked potato, seasoned with butter salt and pepper, with dinner.
- Popcorn with sea salt and olive oil, or fruit
Believe me, this is plenty of food. The key is to not over think your weight loss goals. Keep it simple! Remember, there are 2 basic rules which, in reality, should become permanent rules to live by:
- Drastically reduce added sugar
- Drastically increase naturally occurring dietary fiber
Good luck my friends. Keep us posted on your progress!